Monday, April 8, 2013

How To Become An Internet Marketer

Searching to learn how to become an internet marketer?

You're in the right place. Allow me to tell you my story of how I became an internet marketer and then I'll teach you exactly what to do to get started.

1. My Story

I'm not ashamed of my past, contrary to what some people would think. For 5 years I pursued my dream of making it rich in MLM or network marketing. (In case you're wondering, I currently don't do this anymore)

My leaders would tell me the same kind of stuff:

  • read books
  • attend the weekly training meetings
  • bring people to the opportunity meetings
  • call your friends and family
In 5 years I joined 5 companies and failed miserably. It wasn't until I was in my last company that I decided on a better way. I picked up blogging and the rest has literally been history.

2. Why did I pick up blogging?

I started learning attraction marketing, which is just the opposite of hunting down people. When you're blogging, you're offering your expertise for free. It's what helps draw people to you. 

It works and I was able to draw prospects to my business. You can take this concept and apply it to any business. 

3. How does one become an internet marketer?

Just like I was blogging to get leads and funnel them into my MLM business, you can market whatever you desire. 

The first step is to decide what you want to market. You can market just about anything. One thing you need to know is that it's hard to market something you're not passionate about. Trust me, you can monetize anything. Your passion is what keeps you moving forward during hard times. 

The second step is to create a platform or a blog from which to operate. I've written a great post that can help you decide which platform is for you. Some are free, while others carry an investment. 

The third step is to invest in your education. If you are an RN and I came up to you and asked you the following question: "How long does it take to become an RN and know everything yo know?", what would you tell me? 

There is a learning curve in any field. This is what I do everyday (I'm still investing in my internet marketing education):
  • Read 10 pages of a book teaching a particular marketing strategy
  • Listen to 15 minutes of audio
  • Apply what I learn (usually in the form of content - blog posts or videos)
The fourth step builds on step 3 - specialize in a marketing strategy. Don't fall into the trap of wanting to learn everything; however, it doesn't hurt to read enough to understand the overall picture. Some of the more common strategies to learn are:
  • Google PPC
  • Social media
  • Blogging
  • SEO - search engine optimization
The last and final step is to commit to your business for the long haul. If the passion is there, it shouldn't even be an issue. I'm not magical; I don't know how long it will take you to become successful. I'll leave you with one final thought, "If you want something bad enough, you'll go out and fight for it."

Conclusion

Now you know why I became an internet marketer. The 5 steps to becoming an internet marketer too, include: deciding what to market, creating a platform, investing in your education, mastering a strategy for promotion, and sticking it out til you do become successful.

Did I leave anything out? What questions do you have for me?



No comments:

Post a Comment